When I was in my first year of training to become an Eden Energy Medicine (EEM) Practitioner, I was part of a small group of students. We were all very close and I formed some good friendships there. Each time I was away studying, I felt the support of the group and enjoyed being with like-minded people. However, when I came home, I missed that camaraderie and felt quite isolated. I felt that nobody outside of my group could really “get” what I was doing.
One time, after returning from one of the residential classes, I sought help for how I was feeling by looking in one of Donna Eden’s books. I found a sequence of exercises that was suggested for depression*. I wasn’t feeling depressed exactly, but rather alone and a bit negative about returning to my “real life”. In desperation, I did the exercises anyway, and to my amazement, my mood lifted immediately!
I am no longer amazed by how EEM exercises can help people feel better, because I frequently experience it myself and also see it happening in clients. Oh, and I no longer experience those negative feelings I felt back then – because now that I am working as a practitioner, EEM is very much part of my “real life”!
Why not try the exercises for yourself? Below is an adapted version of Donna’s sequence of exercises for depression from p 247 of her book Energy Medicine for Women. If you are not familiar with some of the exercises listed, you can see links to videos of them at the end. If you would like written instructions for these exercises and more, I recommend The Little Book of Energy Medicine by Donna Eden and Dondi Dahlin (available cheaply online).
Sequence of EEM exercises for depression
Try this sequence when:
- you feel depressed or low in mood
- you feel you’re too much “in your head”
- you have constant chatter going on in your head
- Do a Crown Pull from front to back as usual.
- Do a Crown Pull from back to front.
- Scratch your scalp all over.
- Start doing the Mellow Mudra for a few deep breaths.
- Hum while continuing to hold the Mellow Mudra (e.g. hum like a bee “Mmmm” or repeat the word “Om”).
- Stop humming and continue to hold the Mellow Mudra until you feel it’s enough.
- Release your hands and place them over the middle of your chest (the Heart chakra). Take a few breaths there.
- Do a Hook-up to “seal in” the shift.
The Crown Pull
(Video is 1 min)
The Mellow Mudra
(Video is just over 1 min)
(Video is just under 1 min)
*Note: Eden Energy Medicine is not meant to be a substitute for medical care, although it can certainly complement it. If you have a mental health problem, you are advised to consult a mental health professional.